Tuesday 9 July 2013

"Comic Book Men A-Go-Go" Work in progress.

Final Pencil Stage2

First Pencil Rough Stage1

This post is a first for me, I'm doing it step by step...so you can see how both the drawing and layout evolve. Kevin Smith's "Comic Book Men" is one of my favourite shows. I recently made a connection, on Twitter, with Rob Bruce (pictured here lower right) the shows cultural expert, who said that the guys would dig a caricature of themselves.

They are all such brilliant, and diverse, characters it seems natural to put them in a super heroic setting. I have them here being chased down by a atomically enlarged Bryan Johnson as "Apathy Man"; to whom they all respond in their own unique way.

Here are the first two stages, next comes the inked line (which I will post when complete) and finally the glorious colour. Hope you, and they, like it.

Excelsior Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment